5teffy’s Top 5 Cafes in NYC:
- Dr. Smood – a certified USDA organic and kosher cafe which I rate a 5 star! It’s my top choice for a quick and nutrient dense food thats super healthy in on the go. Since doors opened in NYC I have been a huge fan and tried pretty much everything on the menu ! All the superfood ingredients and pairings are well thought out by Dr. Etti, Ph.D in Holistic Nutrition. Everything is almost vegan and almost all gluten free with the exception of the DrSmood Performance Bread used for their sandwiches and is easier to digest than regular breads. There are various locations around NYC. From downtown to midtown they got you covered even in the music dept. I love chilling here and taking a break from the hustle and enjoying a quick meal along side cool beats.
- Citizens of Chelsea – A perfect spot for a casual brunch with friends or out of town guests if you plan to take them to the Highline Park after. The interior is open and airy, since I’m a color person, I love the decor and use of the accent teal color throughout their interior. They have recently opened another location in Manhattan on the east side. My favorite is the Beetroot Hummus Toast which is gluten free and vegan. Not only does it have a pretty color for bold pink IG photos, it’s a very satisfying dish that is not only perfect for Instagram but hits the spot.
- Bareburger – They have many locations in the city, but so far my favorite one is the midtown east location in Murray Hill because it’s brighter and more airy. I always build my own burger (the turkey with a gluten free bun) I recently also tried the Beyond Burger which is gluten free which tastes really good but didn’t keep me full as long compared to the turkey burger. They have options for everyone from mushroom to beef to lamb they have all sorts of burgers for everyone. Best part, everything is organic!
- Jack’s Wife Freda – A healthy spot that often has a long line up ! Especially their Soho location so rather than waiting I have tried other places near by (plenty of other options in the nearby) or if I’m meeting a friend and we are craving Jack’s Wife, we often like their West Village location. I like to order their bowls with Quinoa and veggies – it’s a very colorful yet satisfying dishes and never disappoints! I like to top it with an egg for added protein.
- Bluestone Lane – One of my favorite spots in the city for matcha, colorful beet root or turmeric lattes if I’m not making them at home. Some of their locations are not full locations so check before you head to the location. I frequent the West Village spot since they have outside seating and a cozy interior which is great for meeting up with friends. My favorite is the gluten free banana bread which is pure indulgence and is a nice treat.