I first tried Poke during my trip to Hawaii back in 2007. I immediately fell in love and ate it everyday during my stay. It’s the perfect warm summer satisfying meal and covers all the food groups. I like to eat it with plenty of greens, seaweeds and mango.
After trying over a dozen of different Poke spots in NYC here’s my top 5 list:
- PokeWorks – They have a few locations in Manhattan. Most of the time I am not a fan of chains but here, they are really consistent and their flavor is always just right. I love how you can do half rice and half salad option for the days when I don’t need too many carbs.
- Wisefish Poke – They have a few different sizes so the small one is perfect for a snack. — UPDATE HAS CLOSED
- Pokespot – Get zucchini noodles for less carbs! – UPDATE HAS CLOSED
- Pokebab – in Williamsburg
209 Bedford Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11211
5. Poketeria – UPDATE HAS CLOSED