I first tried Poke during my trip to Hawaii back in 2007. I immediately fell in love and ate it every day during my stay. It’s the perfect warm summer satisfying meal and covers all the food groups. I like to eat it with plenty of greens, seaweeds, and mango.
After trying over a dozen of different Poke spots in NYC, here’s my top 5 list:
Update ** due to the pandemic 3 of the 5 places have sadly closed.
- PokeWorks – They have a few locations in Manhattan. Most of the time, I am not a fan of chains, but here, they are consistent, and their flavor is always just right. I love how you can do half rice and half salad options for the days when I don’t need too many carbs.
- Wisefish Poke has a few different sizes, so the small one is perfect for a snack. — UPDATE HAS CLOSED
- Pokespot – Get zucchini noodles for fewer carbs! – UPDATE HAS CLOSED
- Pokebab – in Williamsburg
- 5. Poketeria – UPDATE HAS CLOSED